It’s really hard to find a wig store in the country. Most of the times we cosplay characters that have this specific shade of wig that cannot be bought in Ansar or other wig shops in Qatar. Most of the time we buy wigs online, but it will take more than a month to get here.
Worry no more!
In this article, we will teach you the ways on how to recreate your wigs from the most basic style to the most complex (probably).
STEP 1: Buy your wig
You can buy wigs at Ansar Gallery. I bought mine for 60-70 riyals. If you are lucky you can buy wigs for as low as 5 riyals! It was a sale back then so I bought it immediately.
Please be reminded that lighter shade is more recommendable. I saw a pale blonde wig being sold in Ansar Gallery at Matar Kadeem. There is also a wig shop in Dragonmart so you could also check that out. I am using a colored wig in the reference since I will be using a darker shade to color it, but use a lighter shade instead and don’t risk it!
STEP 2: Prepare your materials
You need the following:
- Wig head or Wig stand
- Acrylic Paint – you can buy 1 at Daiso, Villagio for 7 riyals each.
- Spray Container – you can buy at Daiso, Villagio for 7 riyals.
- Gloves – you can buy it in a supermarket, this is optional, I rather use my hands to feel the fibers.
- Rubbing alchohol – you can buy it in the pharmacy for 12 riyals.
- Blower (optional)
- Tissues and cartons – for the mess
STEP 3: Start with the paint.
- Set-up your workshop. Remember that it will be a bit messy so make sure everything is secured.
- Place your wig in the wig head.
- Put 5 tablespoon of alchohol in the spray container.
- Put the acrylic paint of your desired color next.
- Close the container and mix well.
- Spray it in the wig.
- Use your hand to spread the color in the wig.
- Repeat 6 and 7 until you are satisfied with the color.
- Let it dry for 2-3 hours. You can use a blower if you like.
It is more recommendable to use Sharpee than Acrylic because Acrylic makes the wig a little harder than it used to, but it will still work if you are out of time and you need the wig urgently.
Please be reminded that this is a temporary solution, you can remove the dye in your wig if you wash it afterwards!
Hope this helps you a bit. Let us know if you have anything more to add in the comments!